Monday, February 2, 2009

Lee Township - City water is another step closer...

I saw this on my way home today. A bunch of piping for a waterline sitting on a lot at the corner of M-20 and Meridian roads. Most people probably didn't notice them and the guy behind me at the stoplight was probably wondering what I was taking a picture of.

But what this tells me is this: Lee Township is another step closer to bringing its residents something they have wanted for decades - city water.

I am so looking forward to this. While we have better quality of water than many of our neighbors, it is because of an extremely shallow well in our yard.

What this means? During any dry spell, we have to set limits in our home as to how much water we can use from any water source. Try imagining only being able to flush the toilet once a day and you can see how the arrival of city water will help out during those dry spells.

Can't wait!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes well don't get too excited by city water. While it is nice to be able to not have to think twice about running a load of laundry, doing a load of dishes, and taking showers all in one day, there can be drawbacks. The tap water in the big city I live in has an unbearable chemical taste that can only have the edge taken off if it's ice cold. I can tell you now that you probably won't be drinking the water as much once you have city water. But hey, there is the joy of flushing the toliet 30 times a day (if you wanted to....)