Tuesday, February 24, 2009

1st visit to... Midland's new Qdoba

This is a restaurant I've been wanting to check out since it opened here in Midland a few months ago - Qdoba Mexican Grill. Rather than indulging myself on Fat Tuesday pastries and get immensely fat later, I decided to try this place out.

Located adjacent to the Midland Mall, Qdoba is in a standalone building that it shares with Petsmart. It is the former Toys R Us building.



I arrived just after 1pm after all the lunch crowd went back to work. There were a few people left over enjoying what was left of their lunch but no one in line. That allowed me time to scan the menu and pick what I want.


I chose the fajita Ranchera Burrito with chicken. The description in the menu says: "red onions, bell peppers and our zesty Ranchera sauce (no beans)." That actually worked that way. I loaded it up with extras and also the 2nd hottest salsa they had there (I'll go for the hottest one next time). Complete with a fountain drink, I ended up paying $8.03 for my meal. And don't let the picture fool you, this is a meal in and of itself.


Being only one of a few people there, I had my pick of seats. I chose one of the tables over the benches only because the benches were snug though spacious (family size).

I ate my meal and decided to wait a few minutes before leaving. I took a few photos pretending I was doing something on my phone (which I was - surfing the web). Then I left. I plan on coming back again sometime and try something else.


Grade - A (plenty of choices for a meal in and of itself). Only demerit was the fixed bench seating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have a lot of Qdobas here in Indianapolis. I've been curious as to how good the food was.
I have two questions. Are there any meatless dishers? And if you had the refried beans, were they chunky or ground smooth?