Monday, February 2, 2009

I know the temperatures need to warm up - at least this beats Hell!

Don't you love this. You can find this sign near Walgreens in Eastlawn Plaza on S. Saginaw Road in Midland.

This sign has been problematic since it was installed some years ago. I recall one summer that whenever the sign looped around and displayed the time and temp, it was usually a different temperature each time. I chuckled at the time (even though I never got a photo) because the temperature sometimes varied by hundreds of degrees in each time I saw the temp.

Nowadays, each time the temperature is displayed it is usually 505 degrees.

I kinda miss the wild fluctuations. What is it they say about Michigan weather? Wait five minutes and the weather will change. The temperature will change too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a similar problem here. A Walgreens in Mooresville had the temperature at 516 degrees. Now this happened on a day that we were complaining about the weather being too hot anyway. We thought the exaggeration that sign had was hilarious.