Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Time to be fair... :)

Recently I had a chance to pick on a store sign near where I work. It seems that anytime the display showed the time & temperature, the temperature always seemed to be screwed up somehow.


Since that original post, I somehow suspect that someone at Walgreen's caught wind of what I had said in this blog. A few days after the post, I noticed that the sign no longer showed the time & temperature. The feature has yet to return...


To be fair, I'm not going to pick on the sign this time. Rather, it's time to show that they are using the sign in a positive way.


In a time when some are starting to discuss the effectiveness of the Amber Alert system, it is a good system used in the recovery of missing children. The sign (below) at Eastlawn Plaza might be the only one in Midland that displays the information. To all, please tell me if another location in Midland displays alerts. Also, I don't know how many Walgreen's stores actually participate in the program.

This particular Amber Alert was the second one I have seen posted. I have used the information in these alerts to share with my fellow drivers at my store. Unfortnately, I don't think most of my fellow drivers give a rat's hind end about this whole thing.

To Midland Walgreen's - I think you took the easy way out of solving the temperature issue with the sign out front (by removing the information), but you're doing the right thing by displaying this information when you need to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll let you know now, I have seen a Walgreens here in Indianapolis post an Amber Alert on their electronic sign, so it may be more widespread.
I agree with you that Walgreens took the easy way out in your town. Here in Indy you still see some rather suspicious temperatures posted. But not nearly as often as before. I think that they have cut back on showing the info here too.
I say, in blogs no one can hear the bitter sting of an undiplomatic remark....;) So fire away I say!

Phil said...

I have my next target in mind - the engineering division of my company. My boss knows I'm going to do this by the way.