Wednesday, March 25, 2009

A new burger...

This is one that Adam Richman (Man vs. Food - Travel Channel) can love.

The West Michigan Whitecaps minor leage baseball team is introducing a new burger to be sold at its home games this year. Named after the team's stadium (5/3 Field), they introduce the 5/3 Burger that weighs over 4 pounds and has almost 5000 calories. Yes, you heard me correctly.

Here's a description from the Minor League Baseball Website:

"is five-thirds of a pound of grilled hamburger topped with lettuce, tomatoes, nacho cheese, chili, salsa and crunched corn chips. Holding it all together is an eight-inch sesame seed bun."

Oh, did I say that you can buy this for only $20.00!

Read More --> Here!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They actually showed this on Yahoo news as well. It looks unbelievable!
Hey did I tell you about this thing at McDonald's in Japan. Apparently in Japanese McDonalds they have this burger called the "Mega Mac". It looks just like the Big Mac but it has 4 burgers instead of 2.
I'm surprised that the Food Police isn't all over that ball park. I know they would be after McDonalds if they ever bring the Mega Mac here.

Phil said...

Understanding this is probably a day's worth of food in one burger, I'd be almost interested in tackling that.

I was just thinking that when I was a youngster in the 70s and 80s the Big Mac seemed so big. Now it's pale in comparison to some of its competition - specifically Burger King!